Monday, April 13, 2015

Networking - You gotta do it!

Networking- If you're in business you gotta do it.


Networking is invaluable to your success.  My business was only a few weeks old when I walked into my first networking meeting. I was scared and timid. but nobody would sense it.  I gave myself a self talk from the car to the meeting room, held my head high and walked in the room like I was somebody famous!  I love to act! I consoled myself with the thought that  if this business failed, I would go into acting.

 How do you make networking profitable and enjoyable?
Find one or two groups that you are comfortable with. Network effectively. Plan what you want to accomplish, whether it's to promote a sale, connect with certain people, or hand out flyers.  Remember it gets easier each time you attend.   

Most first impressions are made within the first five minutes of meeting someone.Here's an introduction skit that my Massage Therapist friend, Eric Leeds and I did at a networking meeting. Since we're both massage therapists and  from New York; he's from Brooklyn, I'm from the Bronx, we came up with this unique 30 second New York style intro for a new network group we attended together. 30 secs is the usual time limit in most meetings.

Nina -Ey, how ya doin? Me and Eric here, see we grew up in New York City so we're gonna do our intro NYC style.  You got a problem with that Eric? 

ERIC- naw I don't have a problem with that. So I'm Eric with Eric's Massage Therapy in Humble

NINA- I'm Nina with Body Logic Massage in Atascocita.

ERIC- If you know what's good for you come see us. Don't make me call my Cousin Vito. We'll rub you out but not in a bad way – You know what I'm talking about?

NINA- You got a problem with stress or pain-we're gonna take care of it for ya- forget about it.

ERIC-We do Deep Tissue, Soft Tissue, Reflexology,sports massage and ear candling.

NINA- What? You'se guys never heard of Ear Candling? Whatsa matter wit you? You got allergies or sinus problems – that candling can eliminate some of that discomfort.  Check it out on the website at bodylogic.com

ERIC-  eh, We got the whole neighborhood covered. So give us a call, Capice?

NINA- And don't be thinking we took too much time. We got two of us here @ 30 seconds each.

NINA -I'm Nina with Body Logic Massage

ERIC- And I'm Eric with Eric's Massage